Fresh Green Beans with Lemon, Garlic & Parsley
Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1 ¼ pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Place water in large skillet; bring to a boil. Add green beans; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 8 minutes or until beans are almost tender. Drain; set beans aside.
Heat oil and butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add beans back to skillet along with lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring gently, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley; toss gently to combine.