Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry
Makes 5 servings, about 1 cup per serving
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 ½ cups chopped, peeled sweet potato (about 1 small)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- ½ cup plain lowfat or fat free Greek yogurt
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cauliflower, sweet potato, onion, garlic, curry, salt and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat.
Stir in chickpeas. Stir in yogurt. Serve over quinoa or brown rice, if desired. Garnish with dollop of yogurt and chopped cilantro, if desired.