Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Peach Whiskey Sauce
Makes 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ large peach, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallot
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon Maggi® Granulated Beef Flavor Bouillon
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (6 to 7 ounces each) beef tenderloin steaks
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add peach; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add shallot; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add sugar, vinegar, whiskey, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and pepper; cook for 6 minutes or until thickened.
Puree with immersion blender or regular blender, leaving mixture a little chunky. Keep warm.
Preheat grill. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Grill, turning halfway through cooking time, for 6 to 8 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.