Opens in a new window
12 servings - 2 tostadas per serving
- The chipotle chiles in adobo sauce really enhances the flavors for these Beef Tostadas. Great choice for family meals and entertaining.
The Secret Ingredient
- ●2 pounds beef chuck shoulder roast, cut into pieces
- ●1 tablespoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ●1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ●1 small onion, chopped
- ●2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ●1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- ●1/2 cup water
- ●2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce from a can, finely chopped
- ●24 tostadas
- ●1 cup refried beans, for topping
- ●1 cup shredded lettuce, for topping
- ●1 cup chopped tomatoes, for topping
- ●1/2 cup chopped onions, for topping
- ●2 sliced avocados, for topping
- ●1/2 can (7.6 oz fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ Media Crema, for topping
Sprinkle beef with bouillon; set aside.
Heat oil in large saucepan; brown beef on all sides. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is tender. Add tomato sauce, water and chiles; reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 1 1/2 hours or until beef is fork tender and sauce is thick. Cool slightly and shred with two forks.
Serve shredded beef with tostadas and toppings.