- With its vibrant color and rich, smooth texture, this carrot soup offers a delicious, fresh taste and a vitamin-rich, nutritious boost.
The Secret Ingredient
- ●3 tablespoons butter
- ●1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- ●8 large fresh thyme sprigs
- ●2 bay leaves
- ●1 large clove garlic, chopped
- ●2 pounds peeled baby carrots
- ●4 cups water
- ●2 to 3 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, thyme, bay leaves and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add carrots, water and bouillon; stir. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook for 35 minutes or until carrots are very tender. Remove and discard bay leaves and thyme stems.
Place 2 cups soup mixture in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Continue to blend in small batches. Pour into large serving bowl or individual bowls.