Thai Chicken & Sweet Potato Curry
Makes 10 servings, 1/2 cup curry and 1/2 cup rice per serving
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 can (13.66 fluid ounces) lite coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 ½ teaspoons light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Maggi® Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- Fish sauce, to taste (optional)
- 5 cups hot cooked jasmine rice or quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or Thai basil leaves
- 1 red bird’s eye or Thai chili pepper, thinly sliced
- Shredded purple cabbage (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
Heat coconut oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a bowl.
Add onion to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is golden brown. Add sweet potato, coconut milk, water, curry paste, brown sugar and bouillon to skillet; stir well, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
Stir in chicken and accumulated juices and fish sauce; cook for a few minutes to heat through.
Divide rice between bowls; top with chicken mixture, cilantro, chili and cabbage. Serve with lime wedges.