Opens in a new window
The Secret Ingredient
- ●1 tablet MAGGI® CONSOMATE® Tomato & Chicken Flavor Concentrate
- ●1/2 cup water
- ●1 cup tomato puree
- ●6 guajillo chile, rehydrated in hot water and seeded
- ●1 tablespoon corn oil
- ●1/2 onion, finely chopped
- ●1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- ●1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ●1 can (16 ounces) pinto beans, drained
- ●2 avocados, pitted, peeled and cubed
- ●1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
- ●3 sprigs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ●1 tomato, cubed
- ●2 lemons, juiced
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt
- ●1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ●1 bag (11 ounces) tortilla chips
Place CONSOMATE® Concentrate, water, tomato puree and chiles in blender; cover. Blend until smooth; strain.
Heat oil in a large skillet; fry chopped onion until it is transparent. Add chicken, garlic salt, beans and blended tomato mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens slightly.
For pico de gallo, mix avocado, red onion, chopped cilantro, tomato, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Place tortilla chips in a large shallow bowl or platter; top with chicken mixture. Garnish with pico de gallo and cilantro leaves.