Opens in a new window
- By using a casserole dish and baking, this Chicken Paella dish is easier to prepare while still capturing all the classic Spanish taste of traditional paella.
The Secret Ingredient
- ●1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ●4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ●1 cup (about 3 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- ●3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- ●3/4 cup chopped onion
- ●1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ●2 cups water
- ●2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- ●1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- ●1/8 teaspoon ground saffron or turmeric
- ●1 1/2 cups loose-pack frozen peas
- ●1/4 cup sliced roasted red bell pepper or pimiento
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook on each side until golden brown and no longer pink in center. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Add mushrooms, rice, onion and garlic to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is golden brown.
Combine water and bouillon in liquid measuring cup; stir into rice mixture. Add herb seasoning and saffron. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in peas and roasted pepper. Spoon rice mixture into 4 individual casserole dishes; top each with a chicken breast.
FOR FREEZE AHEAD:
Prepare as above. Cover; freeze for up to 4 months. Preheat oven to 350° F. Bake for 1 hour or until heated through. Or, cover with plastic wrap and microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power, rearranging once. Microwave for 8 to 10 minutes for 1 casserole and 13 to 16 minutes for 2 casseroles.