Easy Creamy Chicken Pasta
Makes 8 servings
- 1 pound penne or other pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jar (8.5 ounces) sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning or oregano
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon MAGGI Marketplace Premium Chicken Base
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or half-and-half
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces baby spinach, whole or roughly chopped
- Red pepper flakes, salt and ground black pepper to taste
Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add pasta; cook until al dente. Drain and toss with butter.
Optional: For quicker, more even cooking, slightly flatten chicken breasts with a kitchen mallet. If they are very thick, slice them in half horizontally before flattening.
Season chicken with salt and ground black pepper.
Heat a skillet over high heat. When pan is hot, add 1 tablespoon oil.
When oil is hot, put chicken in skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet.
Let chicken cool for a few minutes, then slice. Set aside.
Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet. Add onion and cook until softened.
Add red bell pepper and cook until almost softened.
Add the garlic, sundried tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Stir, and cook for about 1 minute.
Combine water and chicken base to make broth. Deglaze pan with broth, scraping bottom to release any bits sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Add cream and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes. Add parmesan cheese and cook until melted.
When cheese is melted turn off the heat and stir in baby spinach.
Season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
Combine pasta, chicken and sauce.