- A delicious mix of summer vegetables: eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes, onions and herbs. We took all those delicious flavors and wrapped them in a flaky, warm empanada.
The Secret Ingredient
- ●1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ●1 1/2 cups finely chopped eggplant
- ●1 cup finely chopped onion
- ●1 cup diced tomatoes, drained
- ●1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- ●1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- ●1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ●Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- ●10 (one 14-ounce package) frozen store-bought empanada dough discs, defrosted
- ●1 large egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add eggplant, onion, tomatoes, bell pepper, thyme, bouillon and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft and cooked through. Allow to cool slightly.
Place 3 tablespoons of filling in the center of each empanada disc. Fold half of the circle over to form a half-moon; press the edges together firmly. Repeat with remaining discs and filling. Place on a large baking sheet. Brush tops with beaten egg.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.