- For a fun party appetizer, these tamale tartlets are all you need. Corn masa on the bottom, topped with shredded pork, cilantro and cheese make easy tamale bites for a festive gathering.
The Secret Ingredient
- ●1 cup prepared tamale masa
- ●2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ●3/4 cup leftover shredded pork Red Chile Pork Tamale Pie recipe (recipe found on this site)
- ●Chopped cilantro, crumbled Cotija cheese and radish cut into matchsticks (optional)
Shape masa into small balls (about a tablespoon each) and flatten into small disks.
Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Fry tartlets for 5 minutes. Turn over; fry for an additional 5 minutes or until lightly golden. Top with 1 tablespoon pork. Garnish with cilantro, cheese and radish. Serve warm.