Endive Salad with Honeyed Walnuts
Makes 8 servings, about 3/4 cup per serving
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons raw honey, divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 (about 16 ounces total) large heads Belgian endive
- 1 small red apple, cored and chopped
- ½ cup (2 ounces) crumbled bleu cheese
Combine orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, 2 teaspoons honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
Cook walnuts and remaining tablespoon honey in a small skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden.
Slice endives lengthwise into quarters. Then cut into ¼-inch slices. Place endive and apple into serving bowl. Pour dressing over the top; toss to combine. Top with nuts and cheese. Serve immediately.