Opens in a new window
- These soft and chewy candies are the perfect combination of chocolate and caramel in a bite-sized treat.
Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz Can
14 oz. Can
Mexican Chocolate Drink Granulated Mix - 11.2oz
- ●Nonstick cooking spray
- ●1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- ●1 cup light corn syrup
- ●1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ●1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ●1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ●1/3 cup (2 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●2 tablespoons NESTLÉ ABUELITA Granulated Chocolate Drink Mix
Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with foil; spray with cooking spray.
Place butter, corn syrup, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a heavy-duty medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil and butter is melted. Add sweetened condensed milk and morsels. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring constantly, for 25 to 35 minutes or until a candy thermometer reaches 245° F. Remove from heat; add Abuelita chocolate and stir until fully combined. Immediately pour into prepared pan. Cool completely at room temperature.
Lift from pan and remove foil. Cut into 1 ¼ x ¾-inch pieces or 1-inch squares and wrap individually in plastic wrap or wax paper, twisting ends. Store in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days.