Opens in a new window
- Celebrate Day of the Dead with delicious skull shaped pizzas. Topped with a tasty tomato sauce made with Maggi and decorated with colorful vegetables the kids will love!
The Secret Ingredient
- ●1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- ●1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- ●1 tablespoon dried crushed oregano
- ●1/2 tablespoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ●1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ●1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ●2 (one 22.93-ounce package) ready-made pizza crusts
- ●1 each red, green and yellow bell peppers
- ●1 red onion
- ●2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ●6 tomato slices
- ●24 black olive slices
- ●1 tablespoon capers
Combine tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, Maggi Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon, sugar and pepper in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until all ingredients are combined and heated through. Do not boil. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
Cut pizza crusts into the shape of skulls.
Cut bell peppers into pieces for decoration. You will need four 2-inch flowers, two 1-inch hearts, two ¾-inch stars and eight 2-inch strips. Cut onion into eighteen 1 ½-inch leaf-shaped pieces and four ¾-inch stars.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Lay pizza crusts on a large baking sheet (or use 2 smaller baking sheets). Spread 3/4 cup sauce on each pizza crust. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
Decorate with bell pepper, onion and tomato slices. Add olive slices as mouth and capers as accents.
Bake for 12 minutes or until cheese melts completely. Serve immediately.