Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
Makes 8 servings, about 1 cup per serving
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup seeded and diced jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon Maggi® Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon crushed oregano
Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add turkey; cook, stirring frequently to break up turkey, for about 6 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Stir in tomato paste.
Place turkey mixture in slow cooker. Add water, black beans, cannellini beans, tomatoes and juice, bell pepper, jalapeño, bouillon, chili powder, cumin and oregano; stir well.
Cook on high for 4 hours. Serve immediately.