- Take a Summer favorite to the tropics with juicy grilled pineapple slices and give it some heat with a creamy chipotle sauce. Serve with aioli to complete this backyard feast.
The Secret Ingredient
- ●2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ●1/8 teaspoon salt
- ●1 large egg yolk
- ●2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ●1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ●1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ●3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ●2/3 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- ●1/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- ●1/4 cup lime juice
- ●1 large (or 2 small) chipotle chile in adobo sauce from a can, seeds removed
- ●1 clove garlic
- ●1 3/4 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon, divided
- ●1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ CLÁSICO 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- ●2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- ●2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- ●1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- ●1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- ●2 pounds lean ground sirloin beef
- ●1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ●8 leaves romaine lettuce
- ●8 Pepper Jack cheese slices
- ●8 onion slices
- ●8 tomato slices
- ●8 slices pineapple, grilled
- ●8 hamburger buns
For aioli, mash finely chopped garlic with salt using the side of large knife blade until it resembles a paste.
Whisk egg yolk, lemon juice and mustard in a medium bowl.
Whisk olive oil and vegetable oil in a separate bowl.
Add oils to yolk mixture, ½ teaspoon at a time and whisking rapidly. Continue until all oil is added and emulsified. Whisk in garlic paste and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
For chipotle sauce, place yogurt, evaporated milk, lime juice, chile, remaining garlic clove and 1/4 teaspoon bouillon in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For Clásico rub, combine coffee granules, sugar, pepper, coriander, oregano and 1/2 teaspoon bouillon in a small bowl. Set aside.
For burgers, combine beef, soy sauce and remaining 1 teaspoon bouillon in a large bowl. Mix with hands until thoroughly combined. Divide into 8 balls and flatten into ½-inch-thick patties. Make a thumbprint indentation in the middle of each patty.
Brush grill pan with cooking oil or spray with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of Clásico rub on each side of each patty. Place patties on grill pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Place on a plate and cover with foil to keep hot.
To assemble, spread aioli on tops and bottoms of hamburger buns. Place Romaine lettuce on bottom halves of buns; top with burger, cheese slice, onion, tomato slice, about 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce and grilled pineapple slice. Cover with bun tops and serve. Serve with remaining chipotle sauce. Refrigerate any remaining chipotle sauce.