Makes 16 servings, about 2 tablespoons per serving
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 medium avocados, pitted and peeled
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Set aside 2 tablespoons chickpeas for garnish. Place remaining chickpeas, avocados, lime juice, 3 tablespoons oil, tahini paste, garlic, salt and pepper in food processor or blender; cover. Process until smooth. If too thick to blend, add a little water.
Transfer mixture to a serving bowl. Garnish with reserved whole chickpeas, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes. Drizzle with remaining 2 teaspoons of oil. Serve with naan bread, pita chips or veggies.