Winter Salad with Cranberry, Butternut Squash and Persimmons
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup halved and sliced Fuyu persimmons
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons pepitas
Place squash, 2 tablespoons oil and ½ teaspoon salt in large bowl; toss to combine. Spread on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Bake at 400° F for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
Whisk vinegar, mustard, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. While whisking constantly, slowly add remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a steady stream until emulsified.
Combine arugula, squash, persimmons, cranberries, pepitas and dressing in a large bowl. Toss well to combine. Serve immediately.