Shaved Beet & Carrot Salad
Makes 5 servings, about 1 cup per serving
- 1 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 pound (2 large) uncooked beets (any color)
- 2 large carrots
- 2 cups watercress or baby arugula
- ¼ cup chopped toasted walnuts or pistachios
- Crumbled goat cheese (optional)
Whisk together vinegar, mustard, garlic and curry powder in large salad bowl until combined. Whisk in oil until emulsified. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
Trim and peel beets. Using a spiralizer, spiral into spaghetti like strands or use a mandoline to shave. Peel carrots and using vegetable peeler, shave into ribbons. Add beets and carrots to bowl with dressing, stirring to coat.