Turmeric Cauliflower Rice
Makes 5 to 6 servings, about 3/4 cup per serving
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 bag (16 ounces) cauliflower rice (about 4 ¾ cups) or 1 large head cauliflower, florets and stems processed in food processor until size of rice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ to 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Himalayan or sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice
- Fresh cilantro or sliced green onions (optional)
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for about 6 minutes or until golden and softened. Add cauliflower and garlic; stir to combine. Stir in turmeric and cumin; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until cauliflower has softened.
Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Garnish with cilantro.