Korean Beef (Bulgogi)
Makes 5 servings, about 2/3 cup beef mixture and 1/2 cup rice per serving
- 1 1/4 pounds flank steak, boneless sirloin or tenderloin
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 ½ cups hot cooked rice
Cut beef against the grain into 1/8-inch thin slices. Place in large freezer bag or large bowl.
Combine soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, sesame oil, sriracha, garlic and ginger in small bowl; stir. Finely chop white and light green parts of green onion and add to marinade (save the dark green parts for serving). Pour marinade over beef and stir to coat.
Heat canola oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat and marinade; cook, stirring frequently, until most of liquid has evaporated and beef is cooked through.
Slice dark green parts of green onions and stir into beef. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with rice.