Chicken Tacos (Gluten Free)
Makes 10 servings, 2 tacos per serving
- Spicy chicken stuffed inside a corn tortilla with lettuce and cheese.
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, cut into strips
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Marketplace Premium Chicken Base
- 20 hard corn taco shells (gluten free)
- 1 1/4 cups taco sauce (gluten free)
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
To prepare taco seasoning, combine chili powder, cumin, salt, cornstarch, paprika, coriander and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Mix with wire whip to combine.
Heat oil in a skillet. Add chicken and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add water, Chicken Base and taco seasoning. Stir to combine until chicken is well coated. Continue to simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 3-4 minutes.
If desired, heat taco shells. To assemble tacos, spoon 3 ounces of chicken filling into each shell. Top with 1/2 ounce taco sauce, 1/4 ounce lettuce, 1/4 ounce cheese and garnish with tomatoes.